Nicole Sloan and Kerry from Aspernauts nominated me for a Liebster on Tuesday, but Sourcerer has too many followers to accept, so I Kerry graciously agreed to allow me to passed the nomination on to The Writing Catalog. I answered Kerry’s questions in my acceptance post over there today, but I thought it only fair, since I was nominated for my work here, to answer Nicole’s questions and link to my nominees here, as well. Here are my nominees:
- Things Matter
- The Scribbler’s Quill
- Lazy Lady
- Outright Geekery
- All Things Tolkien
- A Tolkienist’s Perspective
- The Leather Library
- NOLA Feminizer
- Part Time Monster
I selected blogs with under 200, based on WordPress followers. Some of these blogs are almost there. Give them a look, you might like them as much as I do. Now on to Nicole’s questions.
- What is your favorite color? Orange, or yellow, depending on my mood. I once painted an entire bedroom bright yellow.
- If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? Florence, Italy. Vienna would be my second choice.
- What is your favorite sport? Baseball is my only sport, unless Dungeons and Dragons counts.
- If you could be in a movie, which movie would you choose? I would be Tuco in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
- Who is your hero? My sister Diana has become my hero over the past few years. She is so much younger than me, there is a generational difference, but she has no problem being honest with me about my work. We have different, but complimentary interests and skill sets, so we’re much more versatile and productive when we share information and critique one another. She’s helped me mature as a writer and find some confidence.
- Do you prefer I-phones or Android phones? My phone is not that smart. I have a last-generation-before-smartphones Tracfone. But I think I prefer Android. I’m getting a smartphone soon, and that is the direction I am leaning.
- If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would you choose? An elephant, if I could provide a proper habitat and social environment for it, and leave it a retirement package in my will. And I wouldn’t call it a pet.
- Do you know how to play a musical instrument? Vaguely. I can play Dead Flowers, and You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere on the guitar, and I can read music well enough to play very basic piano.
- If you could restart your life knowing what you know today, would you? Yes, I believe I would.
- What is your favorite song? Probably this one, for the lyrics (I’ve never been able to find a decent live video of it, and I had to move this question to the end to make the video embed properly):
One more thing. The Liebster is the first of the awards I saw going around when we started blogging in October. I really, really wanted one, and I am very pleased to have the chance to pass it along.