It’s been a rough six weeks, but I’m almost back on track. It’s Thanksgiving in the U.S. on Thursday, and I have a couple of hard days to get through at the day job before I take the holiday on Wednesday. You won’t see a lot of blogging from me here this week, but that doesn’t mean I’m not working on blogstuff. Our weekend features will run as normal. Here’s where we are, and what I am up to this week for those of you who are interested.
1. My email inbox is full of unanswered messages from bloggers. I’m planning to get those caught up on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. If you are waiting on a response from me about anything at all, please be patient with me. I haven’t forgotten about you, and I suck at email.
2. Aside from a couple of quick posts and a few retweets, you won’t see me on the social media on Wednesday or Thursday. I’ve set aside Wednesday to deal with my out-of-control photo stock. I have enough original photos to post an image per day on two blogs for a year at this point. But most of them aren’t sized for sharing and they aren’t organized. I need to go ahead and get this done so I can start blogging photos again without it taking an inordinate amount of my blogging time every week. And Thursday is a family day, all day.
3. I’ve settled on a redesign plan for Sourcerer. More on that over the weekend. I’ll mock up the design on a blog I’m using for development and will invite comments before I make it live.
4. Next week I plan to begin the process of figuring out whether or not we should try and do the April A to Z Challenge with Sourcerer. If you are a contributor here, or if I have invited you to guest post here in April, you’ll be hearing from me next week or the week after. December is almost here, and registration opens in January, so we need to make this decision before Christmas. The schedule as it stands right now is here. If I’ve told you you have a day reserved, it is reserved. If your name isn’t listed, it’s because we’ve not talked about this since I invited you, and I don’t want to put people on the spot.
5. Unless I hear differently, I am guest-hosting the #SundayBlogShare link party on Twitter this coming Sunday so Suzie can take the day off. If you enjoy #SundayBlogShare and would like to help me out with that by popping in and retweeting from that hashtag, you’re welcome. This isn’t the announcement, just a heads up for those of you who routinely help me out.
6. As I mentioned several weeks ago, I’ve realigned my Facebook presence and set it up to interact specifically with bloggers. That’s paying dividends already. If you’ve joined me as a Facebook friend recently, welcome, and I am happy to chat with you over there any time. I’ve got to spend a little more time on Facebook than usual over the next couple of weeks getting some things set up. This is all under-the-radar stuff that takes time away from the blogging, but it is absolutely necessary because it will allow me to get to know a LOT more bloggers and figure out ways of supporting them.
7. We have the support we need to proceed with planning for another round of Feminist Friday discussions in 2015. If you missed it over the weekend, you can find the planning post here. Thanks to everyone who’s helping to keep this project going. If you’ve expressed interest and haven’t received a response, you will hear from me on Wednesday.
Happy Thanksgiving if you’re in the U.S. If not, happy blogging!
A to Z signup is in January? I had no idea it was that early. Wild.
That’s my understanding. I’m following the A to Z blog by email, and I also have their twitter account on a list so I can retweet for them.
If you know you are going to do it, it’s important to register early because tons of people start at the top of the list. I’m planning to blog the registration date the minute it is announced, and register my personal blog on Day 1. Sourcerer’s registration will depend on whether or not we can get enough people on the same page by January.If we don’t do the challenge here, I’m still planning to support it during April. My personal A to Z posts for the other blog will be written and loaded by March 1. That’s why I’m dealing with the photo stock this weekend. So I can finish my Tolkien series for Part Time Monster in December and write for A to Z in January and February without killing myself.
You’re a busy guy. I hope you can relax and enjoy your Thanksgiving.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh, I plan to do that.
A couple of weeks ago I thought it had gotten away from me to the point that I was going to have let something go to get back on top of things, but I don’t think that is necessary just yet.
My goal is to be busy from now through the middle of January so that I can have everything I need in place to blog at a leisurely pace during the spring, still have yummy content every day of the week, and have more time than I have ever had before to interact with all you wonderful peeps 🙂 Diana will be back soon, and our partner Jeremy is planning to get back to blogging here early next year.
Cheers! I’ll be in touch.
Very, very cool post! I can’t wait for the A to Z posts…I loved them last year!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve got a pretty good A to Z plan for the personal blog. Nothing like last year. Totally different.
I am hoping we can do it here, too. If not, A to Z still gets my full support. I’m laying some serious groundwork for that.
Pingback: Posts I loved this week | Taylor Grace