Perhaps I should adopt this one as my theme song. 😉
Not much to announce aside from the normal weekend things. #WeekendCoffeeShare at Part Time Monster and #SundayBlogShare on Twitter are about all I have going this weekend.
The last few weeks have been absolutely frantic, and I am in Blogging A to Z mode now, so not much social medial mayhem from me for the next couple of weeks. #AmWriting.
The Feminist Friday discussion should be well under way at Things Matter by now, and I will check in there after work today as usual.
I do not think I have posted a Led Zeppelin video since I started this blog, so let me just do that! Earls Court Sessions, from 1975. And what some beautiful hair!
We’re doing the A to Z Challenge here, I’ve joined the Blog Blitz team, #1000Speak is working fantastically, and #WeekendCoffeeShare is well under way.
Also, I am hosting the #SundayBlogShare. Which basically means I am doing massive retweets of blog links on Sunday and reporting spammers when they hit that hashtag. I encourage you to do the same 🙂
I usually just link to Suzie’s rules, but I am pasting them in today. This is how you run a hashtag, people!
- #SundayBlogShare is a happy place. Racist, sexist and homophobic propaganda will not be tolerated, and if you disagree with the content of a post it should be done in a polite and respectful manner.
- Blog posts only. NO Amazon book promos, company promos, music promos, inspirational quotes, newspaper articles, random selfies of you drinking coffee, Justin Bieber fan promotion etc… you get the idea.
- No pornographic images are allowed.
- Do not use it as an opportunity to demand follows and retweets from others, but feel free to retweet posts that you like. Be generous with this – the more you retweet, the more likely you will get them in return!
- Don’t go overboard with the amount that you post… If the Twitter feed is just a list of your own posts, you’re doing it too much. Post a few, spend some time reading and retweeting others and then come back later to post again.
- Hashtag spamming is not allowed. For those of you who participated last week, you’ll be aware that because of the popularity of the hashtag, there was a high level of spam from people who used it as an opportunity to post hundreds of links within an hour, clearly using the hashtag to spam potential clients. I have contacted Twitter and Twubs, and hopefully the matter has been resolved, but if this sort of thing appears tomorrow I would really appreciate it if you would block and report them. Don’t engage with them, just block and report.
- It starts each Sunday morning and will end at midnight. I’m in the UK, so you will need to work out times for whichever country you live in. This may mean that some of you may be participating on Saturday, or going into Monday, but please use the same hashtag…
I am not in the U.K. I’m on U.S. Central Time, but I do plan to check in during the early part of the day in the U.K. (I Tweet on U.K. time a bit on the weekends, anyway.)