This is harder than it looks, people. Give Reina del Cid some social media love.
Comparative Geeks is in the market for guest posts to help keep their blog running when the Geek Baby arrives. There is an opportunity here for some of you. And keep in mind, this is the first blog other than mine and Diana’s that got a link from me. I’m working on some guest posts for them myself.
If you are are Blogging A to Z in April, and you have a free hour on a Thursday sometime, you should join in the A to Z Twitter chat. These occur at 1 pm and 8 pm ET and last an hour. Some co-hosts show up and ask questions using the hashtags #azchat and #atozchallenge. Everyone answers them. I’ve done a couple of them, and they are fun.
The Feminist Friday is up at Part Time Monster.
That is all.
Reina del Cid and Toni Lindgren with a Nickle Creek (not the same as Nickleback, people!) song about a preacher who predicted the end of the world several times. I almost posted it last weekend. It got stuck in my head while I was making the decision. I have been humming it all week. Enjoy!
- Jeremy will be back next week.
- I am revealing my #1000Speak topic this weekend.
- The Feminist Friday is at Victim to Charm this week.
That is quite enough for a Thursday, I think 🙂
Reina Del Cid again. The woman with the blue guitar I discovered by accident on YouTube. She is not singing this time. Asking random people she encounters on the streets of Minneapolis to complete her song lyrics. This is funny.
Big stuff happening around here. We’re changing the routine after a year of bringing you comics every Wednesday, but not to worry. We have television adaptations of comics, and we have two of them.
- We are doing Agent Carter on Tuesdays. David will fill you in on that tomorrow.
- Also, Arrow on Fridays from Melissa. More details about this one on Wednesday.
- Will is back soon with a two-part series about a game which I am sure you all know and love, but I am not saying which game just yet.
- And oh yes. Monthly book reviews by Rebecca. Those start next week.
We also have a Star Wars post from Natacha coming. Not this week, but soon 🙂
Life is good! Have an awesome week 🙂
Minneapolis folk rock band Reina del Cid and the Cidizens. I discovered them a few days ago when I was browsing YouTube for New Year music and came up with the fabulous bluegrass video in this post. They’re awesome enough, and have enough videos available, to warrant their own category on the Playlist. I’ll be sharing more of them.
Toni Lindgren, who plays the harmonica in this video, is also quite an amazing guitarist. Reina’s YouTube channel has videos going back six years, and the process of development from the early stuff to the most recent is fascinating. You can also find them on Facebook and on Twitter @ReinaDelCid.
As always, plans are subject to change. Blogging is a fluid activity. Sometimes we find things on short notice we just have to jump on. Sometimes contributors have things come up that are more important than posting on a blog. In those cases we have to make adjustments. But this is what we’re shooting for, and we’re mostly set through the 19th.
- I am announcing new contributors on Monday and Tuesday of next week. I am saving the details about their topics and schedules for the announcement posts, but they include a frequent contributor, a twice-monthly contributor, a monthly contributor, and a contributor who has a standing invitation to guest post.
- Comics features start back up on Wednesday with a post from David. We may need throw in a few reblogs and roundups later in the year to get through to Spring, but I’m committed to keeping the comics posts going.
- Diana will finish her American Horror Story run on Thursdays (or Fridays, depending on her schedule, but we’re trying to keep them to Thursdays). Once that ‘s done, we’ll figure out something else to do on that day.
- Photoblogging resumes this weekend with two wordless photo features, and of course, I’ll continue the weekend music.
- Once we get through next week, posts from our new contributors will run mostly on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Will has something interesting in the works, and that’s all I am saying about it until it’s ready to go. Jeremy is still very much in the game. We’ve not reached the point of figuring out a timetable, but he will definitely be back later in the year.