Minneapolis folk rock band Reina del Cid and the Cidizens. I discovered them a few days ago when I was browsing YouTube for New Year music and came up with the fabulous bluegrass video in this post. They’re awesome enough, and have enough videos available, to warrant their own category on the Playlist. I’ll be sharing more of them.
Toni Lindgren, who plays the harmonica in this video, is also quite an amazing guitarist. Reina’s YouTube channel has videos going back six years, and the process of development from the early stuff to the most recent is fascinating. You can also find them on Facebook and on Twitter @ReinaDelCid.
As always, plans are subject to change. Blogging is a fluid activity. Sometimes we find things on short notice we just have to jump on. Sometimes contributors have things come up that are more important than posting on a blog. In those cases we have to make adjustments. But this is what we’re shooting for, and we’re mostly set through the 19th.
- I am announcing new contributors on Monday and Tuesday of next week. I am saving the details about their topics and schedules for the announcement posts, but they include a frequent contributor, a twice-monthly contributor, a monthly contributor, and a contributor who has a standing invitation to guest post.
- Comics features start back up on Wednesday with a post from David. We may need throw in a few reblogs and roundups later in the year to get through to Spring, but I’m committed to keeping the comics posts going.
- Diana will finish her American Horror Story run on Thursdays (or Fridays, depending on her schedule, but we’re trying to keep them to Thursdays). Once that ‘s done, we’ll figure out something else to do on that day.
- Photoblogging resumes this weekend with two wordless photo features, and of course, I’ll continue the weekend music.
- Once we get through next week, posts from our new contributors will run mostly on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Will has something interesting in the works, and that’s all I am saying about it until it’s ready to go. Jeremy is still very much in the game. We’ve not reached the point of figuring out a timetable, but he will definitely be back later in the year.
Weekend blogging will be light for the next few weeks. I have to do the Saturday coffee thing at Just Gene’O because it’s my only guaranteed post over there. The only blogging that’s ever done well here on Sundays is the blogwanking and social media posts, and we only get those when I have something interesting to say about social media. I’m doing photos on Saturdays and Sundays for awhile. Eventually we’ll have another run of Saturday t.v. (or maybe gaming) blogging, and Luther will be back when The Walking Dead returns.
I’m starting the Wordless Wednesdays back up next week and Tuesday Textures the week after. Once we get rolling, I will also do Muted Mondays and will feature my best images from last year as Throwback Thursdays. I’ll also post photos at Part Time Monster, but those won’t start back up until we get Sourcerer running smoothly, and they’ll probably run only once or twice a week.
My goal is to eventually have an afternoon photo here every day of the week except Fridays. The weekend music works well on Fridays. When we have t.v. reviews on Fridays that gives us two posts, which is plenty for that day of the week.
I’ve debated a bit about how to handle the photos and which blogs to post them on. Right now, I am inclined to post most of them here, do one or two regular features at the Monster that run at the same time every week, and stick to coffee blogging, networking, and promotion at Just Gene’O. It’s nice to have my own photos at my personal blog, but their best use is to follow up contributor posts here and guarantee PTM a couple of easy features every week.
Feminist Friday discussions resume on January 30 at Part Time Monster and continue with posts at Victim to Charm and The Lobster Dance on Feb. 6 and 13, respectively. The schedule is here. If you’ve been using this blog to keep up with that project, you need to bookmark the schedule and pay attention to Just Gene’O, because I am not promoting them heavily from here any more. I will still tweet the links with @Sourcererblog, though, and I will reblog the posts at Just Gene’O.
Once I have everything set here, the next item on my list is to get the Tolkien series going again at Part Time Monster. Last year I laid out the basic history of the Ring, then covered Isildur and Gollum. This year, I plan to cover Bilbo, Frodo, and Sam, then wrap it up. The Tolkien series isn’t immensely popular, but it’s my favorite personal project. I am hoping to have the next two posts drafted before I go back to work next week.
That’s the plan. Happy 2015! Do stay tuned. 🙂