More tiny wildflowers. I just love them. These were the size of pennies, if I recall correctly. They’re from my mid-afternoon Easter Sunday shoot.
I’m in the process of reloading for next week and still working on getting The Writing Catalog going again, so I don’t have many words today.
I know it’s a little perilous to make plans for a blog, but here’s what I have, at minimum, on the schedule for this week:
- Two more Twitter posts. I’m hoping to finish that series this week. It won’t cover all the nuances, and I’ll likely write more about Twitter as I learn more. But it was intended to be a short series that covers the basics, and I believe I can do that in two more posts.
- Some entertaining lists. People really seem to love lists. Jeremy’s comics-related lists have been some of our most popular posts, and Diana’s lists of things she irrationally hates and loves did well last week. So I’m going to give the list post a shot.
- A feature on the campaign for LGBTQ rights in Mississippi. There have been tons of developments since I last wrote a good post about this. I’ve mentioned it a couple of times in roundups, but I think it deserves a feature, so I’m writing one.
- A Feminist Friday post to end the week.
- Plenty of music and photos thrown into the mix.
I am also sure, but not certain, that we’ll have another Penny Dreadful post and a Batman post this week. Diana’s Penny Dreadful reviews are intended to be a series that follows the television show, and Jeremy’s had a Batman post every week for the last five months, so I’m confident we’ll have them unless something drastic occurs to prevent us from getting them in.
One more note. The post I wrote last Sunday on blog traffic and engagement was very popular. It turned Sunday into a weekday, traffic-wise, and generated a great discussion thread. I’m thinking about writing more of those, but it probably won’t be this week. I don’t know all that much about getting traffic, but I’m apparently pretty good at engagement (hints: you must work at it, be positive, and be your genuine self).
The popularity surprised me, especially since that post was so long and wasn’t illustrated. This makes me think there might be an audience for it, so we’ll see. For what it’s worth, I’ve written a couple of similar things at Part Time Monster and they did not get anything like the response I received last Sunday.
I have so much I want to write at this point. Just trying to find time to do it, and figure out what order to write it in.
I hope everyone has a great week.
Some great plans! Sounds like I have some catching up to do. Hope you have a wonderful week too. 🙂
Thanks! I’m off until after Memorial Day, except for taking care of a few very minor details, so I’m hoping for a big week on the blogs.
Oh, so, so lovely! I’ve never seen these before. Thank you.