by Jeremy DeFatta
There have been a quite a few developments in the comic book and comic book movie worlds these past couple of weeks, and I have been remiss in saying much about them. This is my chance to make up for that. Please note: these lists are not meant to be exhaustive; rather, I plan on commenting on a few things from Marvel and DC that have really caught my attention. Please feel free to bring up things I’ve missed in the comments below!
- Geoff Johns and John Romita, Jr. are taking over the main Superman title this summer. I’m not a big fan of Romita’s art (he’s never come close to his father in terms of ability), but I will read anything Johns writes.
- The above coupled with a post-Forever Evil Lex Luthor-led Justice League also written by Geoff Johns should make a great pairing of titles to follow. I can’t wait to see how Forever Evil wraps up.
- The Rock may have let slip he’s going to play Green Lantern John Stewart in the new DC Cinematic Universe. Either way, he’s involved with their movies somehow, which I am very cool with, though Stewart is far from my favorite Green Lantern.
- Stemming from the above, Jesse Eisenberg was cast as Lex Luthor (which I don’t really care about) and Jeremy Irons was cast as Alfred (which is pretty cool). Further, DC is adding way too many people to its movie roster way too quickly. They need to ease off a bit before they go bankrupt trying to make too many movies at once.
- Arrow has been renewed for a third season. Huzzah!