I have been nominated for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award, and that makes me very happy, especially since I was nominated by Diana of Part Time Monster and we joke around quite a bit about Sourcerer being the dragon of the PTM empire. I am even more thrilled that Travelling Macs nominated Part Time Monster. Diana and I have both put a lot into PTM, we haven’t been at it all that long, and getting an award from another blogger is very encouraging.
Seven Things About Me
1. I need well-ordered space and daily quiet time to function properly. When my environment is loud or chaotic for more than a few hours, I get a little crazy. This is probably because I am prone to introversion.
2. I know how to paint an entire house and do it well enough to actually take money for the job.
3. My wedding anniversary is May 13. My wife’s grandparents were also married on May 13 in 1929, and May 13 is the date I graduated from high school.
4. I was once required to leave a polling place because I was wearing a campaign t-shirt, and that is against the law. I was 4.
5. I have lucid dreams. I trained myself to do it over a period of years using simple memory techniques.
6. In 1992, I was nominated to compete in essay contest in which I had to sit down in a room, choose one of three prompts, and compose an essay longhand. The essays were typed and given to the judges without the authors’s names attached. I won. The essay was about what the U.S. invasion of Panama was telling us about the direction American society was headed at the time.
7. Like Diana, I am good at poker. Which is funny, really, because a poker table is the only environment in which I can maintain a straight face for hours without having to work at it. Most of the time, it is easy to look at my face and tell how I am feeling (telling what I am thinking is another matter entirely).
Since I have only been blogging here for a month, I am nominating blogs I follow rather than bloggers I know. I just don’t know that many bloggers yet, and I don’t spend enough time commenting on what others are doing, so that is my own fault. Here are the criteria I used to pick my nominees:
- I find what they are writing entertaining enough, or useful enough, to read them every time they appear in my reader, and reading their work encourages me to keep blogging. Presentation of content is a factor here.
- They have relatively small followings, based on the info WordPress and FaceBook are giving me; OR
- They are relatively new blogs, based on their posted archives.
- I have friends who would really like them if they knew about them.
These criteria disqualify a lot of blogs that I would love to nominate for an award, but it gives me the opportunity to do something nice for some bloggers who truly deserve more exposure than they seem to be getting at the moment. My nominations, in no particular order:
Here are the rules for accepting the award as I understand them. In your acceptance post:
- Link back to the blog that nominated you.
- Tell 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other blogs that you find encouraging or inspiring as a blogger.